Carmen works mostly for the planning, management, coordination, implementation and financial control of the ECOSTAR project. She is also involved in other NEPCon’s projects on sustainable natural resources management.
Carmen works to promote the innovation and entrepreneurship in the area of Market and Economics of Ecosystem Services. In addition, she participates in NEPCon’s projects on resources management, as the project to conduct Centralised National Risk assessments for the FSC Controlled Wood.
Carmen has an extensive work experience in various fields related to natural resources management. She started her professional career in Spain by elaborating management plans and guidelines for riparian ecosystem restauration, wildlife enhancement and biodiversity conservation.
Afterwards, her career got more specialised in sustainable forest management, developing long and short-term forest management plans in line with FSC & PEFC requirements. She worked with public institutions and landowners, encouraging them to undertake appropriate sustainable management within their properties. She also promoted FSC & PEFC certification to private forestland owners and timber industry companies and helped them with the certification process.
Carmen specialises in Forest Management. She holds a Bachelor’s and a Master’s Degree from the Polytechnic University of Madrid, Spain.
Carmen joined NEPCon in 2016.
I am pasionated about sustainable management of natural resources. I firmly believe in a fair and sustainable global development, and I consider NEPCon activities are a good contribution to achieve this global goal.
- Stakeholder consultation
- Experienced in elaboration and execution of long-term forest management plans, aligned with FSC & PEFC requirements
- Experienced in wildlife studies to establish guidelines to strengthen biodiversity and ecological connection
- FSC and PEFC forest management certification
- Promoting forest certification systems (FSC, PEFC) to private forestland owners
- BSc and MSc Degree in Forestry Specialisation: Forest and Pasture Management
- Languages spoken: Spanish and English