Oliver manages NEPCon’s Responsible Sourcing Department, covering our due diligence services for forest-impact commodities. This includes the NEPCon LegalSource services, Sustainable Biomass Program (SBP), FSC Controlled Wood certification and Carbon Footprint Management services.
Oliver is an expert on timber legality and due diligence for legal timber sourcing. Drawing on experience working with companies in Europe and Asia, he is supporting NEPCon’s efforts to provide business solutions for responsible sourcing and supply chain management in line with new legislation and market requirements.
He works with commercial clients in Europe and beyond on due diligence and supply chain risk assessment, as well as providing training on timber legality for public and private sector organisations, covering topics such as EU FLEGT, EU Timber Regulation, US Lacey Act, due diligence systems and procurement policies.
He holds an undergraduate degree in Biological Sciences from the University of Oxford and an MSc in Sustainable Tropical Forestry from Copenhagen and Padova Universities. He has conducted research on forestry and livelihoods issues in Africa, Southeast Asia and Central America.
Oliver joined the NEPCon UK office in 2014.
More and more companies are committing to Responsible Sourcing of timber and forest impact commodities. We work closely with all organisations, from small timber traders to global retailers, to ensure that they can comply with environmental laws and work towards much tougher sustainability goals.
- Timber legality assurance and related due diligence systems, risk assessments and supply chain verification
- EU Timber Regulation, US Lacey Act and other legislative and policy developments with the aim of excluding illegal timber from specific markets such as the EU FLEGT programme
- LegalSource certification
- FSC Chain of Custody and Controlled Wood certification
- BA Biological Sciences, MSc Forests & Livelihoods, MSc Forestry & Environmental Sciences
- Countries worked in: Belize, Denmark, Germany, India, Ireland, Malaysia, Netherlands, Solomon Islands, Switzerland, Tanzania, Uganda, UK, Vietnam.
- Languages spoken: English