Alexandra manages the NEPCon Sourcing Hub programme with oversight of the funding, development and expansion of this resource.
Alexandra has the overall responsibility to maintain and develop the Sourcing Hub. The Sourcing Hub is aimed at supporting the responsible sourcing of agro-commodities - timber, beef, pam oil and soy. The Sourcing Hub makes critical information and support tools publicly available to enable effective decision-making in commodity supply chains, from the production, through processing, transport and trade.
NEPCon hopes that the Sourcing Hub will continue to develop into a globally accepted point of commodity risk data and information – setting the market standard for responsible sourcing of agro-commodities.
Alexandra began her career in the Australia working on the Illegal Logging Prohibition Act 2012 – Australia’s answer to the EU Timber Regulation. Since joining NEPCon in 2014, Alexandra has worked both with clients, and on a range of legality projects to support the legal timber trade.
Alexandra has an educational background in environmental law and political science.
The NEPCon Sourcing Hub is the largest and most detailed collection of forest-related risk assessments that have ever been published. I am excited to manage the Sourcing Hub programme within NEPCon, and to be part of an organisation striving to provide workable solutions for companies sourcing responsible commodities.
- Responsible Sourcing
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Timber legality and illegal logging
- Due diligence systems, including risk assessment, risk mitigation and supply chain verification
- Legal expertise and legislative interpretation
- The EU Timber Regulation, US Lacey Act, Australia’s Illegal Logging Prohibition Act 2012 and other policy developments that aim to exclude illegal timber from markets
- Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Graduate Certificate in Public Administration, Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Public and private procurement