PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE LINK FOR THE LIVESTREAM HAS CHANGED, SO YOU WILL NEED TO USE THIS LINK AND NOT THE PREVIOUS GIVEN. WE APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
All seats for attending this event in person is now filled. However, registration for attending the event via livestream is still open – please use the below registration form to sign up and we will make sure to send you information about how it will work.
Agenda (subject to change)
08.30 - 09.00 Registration
09.00 - 09.15 Welcome and opening notes
09.15 - 10.50 Session 1: EUTR Implementation and Enforcement
Enforcement officials and industry players will share their experience with implementing the regulation. What have been the main milestones, challenges and success stories over the past five years? Q&A and panel discussion included:
- Deanne Hughes, Enforcement Team Leader (Timber), Office for Product Safety and Standards (UK Competent Authority)
- Robert Weich, Sales & Group Compliance Manager, Tradelink Wood Products
- Kathy Chiu, Sustainability Project Manager, Faber-Castell
10.50 - 11.20 Tea and coffee break
11.20 - 13.00 Session 2: Free Tools
There’s free information and tools out there but what is it? How can it be used in a due diligence process? We’ll look at some of the key platforms and discuss how they can be used together. Q&A and panel discussion included:
- Grace Blackham, Programme Manager, BVRio Environmental Exchange
- Alexandra Banks, Sourcing Hub Programme Manager, NEPCon
- Caroline Duhesme, Deputy FLEGT-REDD Project Coordinator, ATIBT
13.00 - 14.00 Lunch
14.00 - 15.30 Session 3: Future Trends
We’ll explore emerging topics, ranging from new technology and innovative ways of using existing technology helping companies conduct due diligence to communicating compliance. Q&A-session and panel discussion included:
- Charlie Watkinson, Operations Manager, Agroisolab UK
- Jesse House, Chief Product Officer, Earth Observation
- Mike Senior, Senior Project Manager, Proforest
15.30 - 16.00 Closing remarks
16.00 - 17.00 Drinks reception
It’s been almost five years since the EU Timber Regulation (EUTR) came into force and things are looking quite different to how they did then. Enforcement authorities are stepping up their game all over Europe, a lot of new information and tools are available from all kinds of sources and FLEGT licensed timber is now available on the market.
Nonetheless, living up to the EUTR requirements is still a challenge for companies across Europe. We would like to offer the industry, authorities as well as other stakeholders the opportunity to participate in a free international conference on 15th of March near London. Join us for this final event of our ‘Supporting Legal Timber Trade’ project. This free of charge, one-day event will help you (subject to change):
- avoid common due diligence pitfalls
- gain access to insights on key risks and how to deal with them
- understand how the enforcement authorities evaluate your performance
- understand how conducting quality due diligence makes good business sense
- promote your compliance
- gain an overview of the vast jungle of free info and tools available and how to use them
- plan for future sourcing
- understand how technological advances in timber traceability and verification can help improve the efficiency and credibility of your due diligence system
- connect and exchange experiences with timber-related companies, trade associations, technical experts and relevant organisations from across Europe
The conference will take place at WWF's inspirational Living Planet Centre just 30 minutes from central London - find directions here. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Note: Registration or physical attendance has been closed.
Sign up below to join the livestreaming and receive presentation slides from the day and follow the livestream guidelines here.
This event is organised by NEPCon and funded by the LIFE Programme of the European Union and UK Aid from the UK government.