NEPCon is currently seeking a Senior Specialist HR to manage our Human Resources functions in Latin America as well as to play a key role in our Global efforts supporting our staff in pursuit of delivering our mission.
We are looking for a dynamic HR professional with a passion for managing, administrating and further developing our human resources across currently five countries in Latin America - Mexico, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Bolivia, and Peru.
NEPCon is in the process of purchasing Rainforest Alliance’s certification program (RA-Cert) and will be integrating RA-Cert staff servicing our certification clients in the region. The Senior Specialist will facilitate and ensure a smooth transition of these staff into NEPCon within the key HR areas. We are looking for a dynamic self-starter with solid experience in all key HR functions who will help us establish our new team.
The Senior Specialist will be responsible for the administration, coordination and evaluation of human resource functions. S/he will be part of the global NEPCon HR team with a strong focus on Latin American countries. The role includes the development and delivery of effective HR systems and the support of management at all levels in personnel related matters. With part-time support from in-country administrative staff, the Senior Specialist provides regional day-to-day HR support across Latin America to maintain an effective, qualified and motivated work force and in compliance with local labour related legislation. The Senior Specialist will play a key role in integrating newly acquired Rainforest Alliance certification staff into the NEPCon team. The position involves (dotted line) supervision of in-country administrative staff with HR administrative responsibilities.
- Administrates full employee life cycle for regional staff.
- Works with hiring managers to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations and supports onboarding process; provides employee relations counselling; conducts deboarding process and exit interviews.
- Ensures compliance with local employment laws at all levels of jurisdiction.
- Works directly with department and line managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Develops and provides materials and trainings for staff and managers on HR related topics.
- Acts as primary point of contact for employee relations with focus on the health, safety and welfare of the employee.
- Provides guidance on and performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, provider relations, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Ensure regular professional development and career planning with all regional staff.
- Acts as change agent and champion.
Global HR with focus on Latin America
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handouts/handbooks.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of compensation and benefits standards and provides analysis and recommendations to HR management.
- Manages/supports and coordinates annual compensation review process in collaboration with finance staff and department/line managers.
- Develops/maintains, implements, and monitors use of performance management system that effectively aligns employees with organisational objectives.
- Contributes to developing and maintaining of other global HR systems and processes, such as onboarding, deboarding, formal performance improvement planning.
- Engages with stakeholders across the organisation and provides HR perspective to organisational planning and change processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
You have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in human resources management or related field and a minimum of 7-10 years of experience in HR administration and management, preferably gained in an international work environment. In addition to this:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and HRIS administration experience. You also need to be able to use webinar software.
As Senior Specialist HR, you will need to find the appropriate balance between supporting global HR initiatives while providing strong support to HR administration, management and development to our staff in Latin America. We therefore expect that you are very good at multitasking while keeping an eye on priorities and urgencies. On top of that:
- You have a passion for the environment and welcome the opportunity to help NEPCon towards our mission to build commitment and capacity for sustainable development.
- You are an outgoing, open and friendly person, who enjoys and excels at communicating with people on all levels and cultures.
- You are analytical and can identify patterns in providing HR management to the region.
- You can build expertise in new countries/jurisdictions and specialist areas of Human Resources.
- You possess a high level of self-discipline, an ability to organise and manage your own time, as well as making independent decisions.
- You are comfortable working with many of your HR colleagues and NEPCon staff remotely and across time zones.
- You are extremely organised and detail oriented with strong follow-through skills.
- You are comfortable providing staff presentations and discussions.
- You have good interpersonal skills that allows you to handle difficult situations and conversations.
- You have a high level of integrity and the ability to handle sensitive information confidentially.
- You have enthusiasm for your job and tasks to drive change processes.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You are willing to travel frequently as required by the job up to approximately 10% of your time.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- Reports to: HR Manager, Americas
- Location: preferably from one of our offices in Mexico (Durango), Guatemala (Guatemala City) or Bolivia, but for the right candidate flexibility exists
- Salary: commensurate with qualifications and experience, competitive in the local labour market
- Benefits: comprehensive package, competitive in the local labour market
- Start date: as soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of NEPCon through the annual General Assembly
- Potential international travel opportunities.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 12 August 2018 via the form below.
We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis until we have identified the right candidate, so send us your application as soon as possible.
NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
If you have questions about this position, please contact: Chris Scriver, HR Manager, email: csc(at)nepcon.org