As a Junior Accountant in NEPCon you will be part of an international NGO that is growing in number of employees and activities. Your overall responsibility is to timely and accurately ensure that bookkeeping documents, calculations, recording of financial transactions and internal billing processes are in place and runs smoothly – every day.
As we work virtually across borders, the position can be situated in our offices in Estonia, Latvia, Vietnam or Malaysia.
The tasks in the position are multifaceted and some of them will be:
- Processing and review of staff expense reports
- Review of personnel credit card statements and reconciliation to staff expense reports
- Booking of supplier invoices, payment order preparation
- Consulting with NEPCon staff in relation to personnel reimbursables and credit card expenses
- Assistance with various bookkeeping tasks for NEPCon group entities (e.g. booking of bank transactions and comparison of accounting balances vs. bank statements)
- Assistance with finance and accounting calculations and data processing
- Assistance with maintaining accounting documentation
You will be joining a Finance team of 3 highly committed and friendly colleagues based in Latvia, Estonia and Vietnam, working together across borders to service our international activities and colleagues. For the right candidate, there are possibilities for challenges as well as development – professionally as well as personally in our organization.
We expect that you hold a relevant university degree in accounting, finance or audit. In addition, you have 2+ years of experience working with the described or similar bookkeeping/accounting duties on a daily basis. The ideal candidate has experience working cross-culturally and across borders in an organization with international activities/subsidiaries, so you are familiar with international business and work environment. In addition to this,
- You have experience working with one or more accounting IT systems.
- You are proficient in English, both written and spoken.
- You are a proficient user of the MS Office package - especially Excel - and have a good understanding of administrative IT systems, as this is a part of our everyday work.
You are well-organized and structured and take a systematic approach to your work. At the same time, you like to be a part of a fast paced and dynamic work environment, where you provide service with a smile – even under short deadlines. As a person, you possess a high level of integrity, take pride in your work and ensure deadlines are kept. You also have a natural curiosity to learn about and understand the business and see the bigger picture. On top of that,
- You pay attention to detail.
- You are a robust person, who has demonstrated that you can juggle multiple tasks and still deliver all in time.
- You are an open and friendly person, who likes – and are good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organization.
- You have a willingness to learn and a can-do attitude, as NEPCon is a complex organization that is expanding these years.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position refers to our Finance Director
- Working location: From our offices in Latvia (Riga), Estonia (Tartu), Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City) or Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)
- Salary commensurate with qualifications
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 15 February 2018 via the form below.
If you have questions about this position, please contact Finance Director Jolanta Sterna, email: email@example.com, telephone: +371 2622 3942.