The forthcoming acquisition of Rainforest Alliance’s certification unit will expand NEPCon’s geographical coverage to North America, Latin America, Africa and all of Asia. In this context we are looking for a new colleague to provide excellent IT support to our new offices and staff throughout the Americas.
In the role of IT Specialist, you will be providing user support and managing the hardware and software of NEPCon staff. The tasks of the position are multi-faceted, but your primary responsibilities will be:
- Provide software and hardware end user support for staff.
- Order laptops and other hardware, install required software and adjust settings.
- Carry out tasks related to maintenance of the workstations.
- Administrate NEPCon’s Office 365 platform: create user accounts and manage access rights.
- Maintain and update NEPCon’s IT documentation.
- Perform other IT related tasks as agreed with NEPCon’s Senior IT Specialist.
- Provide basic Salesforce support for staff in the Americas.
- Provide backup IT support for the other geographical regions (Europe, Africa, Asia) when needed.
We imagine that you have a certificate of higher education in computer sciences or related field; and you must have at least 2 years of experience working in the field of IT, preferably from IT helpdesk or IT administration work.
In addition to this,
- You must be fluent in Spanish and English, and have very good verbal and written communication skills in both.
- You have a strong interest in and good general knowledge of computers, commonly used software and Windows operating systems (currently all computers in the organisation are running Microsoft software).
Experience using Salesforce is an additional advantage, but not a requirement.
As IT Specialist in NEPCon it is essential that you have a positive and optimistic approach to problem-solving. Focus on the end user comes naturally to you, as does patience, persistency and dedication to follow support questions through until solutions are found.
On top of that:
- You are a service minded, open and friendly person, who likes – and is good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You have the ability to work independently and on your own initiative.
- You are good at effectively prioritising tasks and can keep the overview also when things get hectic.
- You are willing to work outside of normal work hours in case of IT related emergencies or urgent tasks.
- You are willing and able to travel abroad on short trips (up to one week).
- You have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
It is an additional asset if you have experience working internationally or with remote/virtual teamwork.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position refers to our Senior IT Specialist
- Working location: New NEPCon office in Mexico (Durango), Guatemala (Guatemala City), Costa Rica, Bolivia or Peru, if possible. Otherwise, for the right candidate there can be the possibility to work from home in the Latin American region.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications
- Expected starting date: As soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position in a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of NEPCon through the annual General Assembly
- Potential international travel opportunities.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 12 August 2018 via the form below.
NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
If you have questions about this position, please contact Line Tofte, HR Admin Specialist, email: careers(at)nepcon.org