A forthcoming acquisition of Rainforest Alliance’s certification unit will expand NEPCon’s geographical coverage to include also North America, Latin America, Africa and all of Asia. Our organisation and our activities are growing, and in this context we are looking for a new Group Chief Accountant for our Finance Department.
In the role of Group Chief Accountant you will be responsible for the management, control and implementation of NEPCon group accounting policies, processes and procedures, group consolidation process and reporting. Your primary responsibilities will be the following:
- Coordination, management and control of NEPCon group entities’ accounting processes
- Ensuring that accurate bookkeeping entries are made on a timely, smooth and regular basis
- Preparation of group accounting reports and financial statements
- Coordination and management of the group’s external audit process
- Coordination and management of the group entities’ statutory financial and tax reporting
- Reporting of the group’s accounting results on regular basis
- Development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures, principles and checks across the entire group, taking into consideration the best options to use time and cost-efficient solutions
- Development and implementation of monthly closing principles in the group
- Reconciliation of the group’s intercompany balances
- Coordination of regular accounting processes related to staff payroll
- Assistance in development of financial systems and solutions of IT/accounting issues
- Management and coordination of the work performed by group entities’ local bookkeepers
- Assistance in monthly management reporting
- Participation in intercompany transactions' structuring
- Involvement in tax planning and issues
- Oversight and control over the group’s centralised accounting processes and routines, such as processing of supplier invoices, expense reports, client invoices, bank transactions and checks
- Management of the standalone internal accounting closing of the two Danish entities.
To be considered for the job you must have a higher-level education (BSc or MSc) in accounting and/or finance. You have at least 5 years’ experience working in the field of accounting or finance, of which minimum 2 years have been in the role of Chief Accountant. In addition to this,
- You have excellent English communication skills (verbal and written). Russian or Spanish language skills (written and spoken) are considered an advantage, but not a requirement.
- You have experience working in an international company
- You have good knowledge of the preparation of consolidated financial statements
- You are capable of executing full accounting cycle – from day-to-day operations, monthly closing and annual closing to preparation of statutory and tax reporting
- You preferably have experience with tax planning (but it is not a requirement)
- You have experience with team management
- You have a good general understanding of administrative IT systems and the ability to learn to work with new programmes.
- Experience from a Big 4 audit company will be considered an advantage (but not a requirement).
As a person you have a high sense of responsibility and a keen eye for detail. On top of that:
- You have good time planning skills and are able to multi-task
- You have good organisational and coordination skills
- You are able to manage stress at work
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation
- You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position refers to our Finance Director
- Working location: NEPCon’s office in Latvia (Riga), Estonia (Tartu) or Lithuania (Vilnius)
- Salary commensurate with qualifications
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of NEPCon through the annual General Assembly
- Potential international travel opportunities.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 25 July 2018 via the form below.
NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
If you have questions about this position, please contact Jolanta Šterna, Finance Director, email: js(at)nepcon.org , tel.: +371 2622 3942.