The forthcoming acquisition of Rainforest Alliance’s certification unit will expand NEPCon’s geographical coverage to include North America, Latin America, Africa and all of Asia. Our organisation and our activities are growing, and in this context we are looking for a new Chief Accountant for our Indonesian office.
In the role of Chief Accountant for NEPCon Indonesia you will be responsible for the management, control and implementation of NEPCon group accounting policies, processes and procedures, group consolidation process and reporting. Your primary responsibilities will be the following:
- Coordination, management and control of NEPCon Indonesia accounting processes
- Ensuring that accurate bookkeeping entries are made on a timely, smooth and regular basis
- Preparation of NEPCon Indonesia accounting reports and financial statements
- Participation in external audit process
- Preparation of statutory financial, accounting and tax reports in line with the local legislation
- Maintenance and implementation of accounting policies, procedures, principles and checks
- Execute efficient month-end and year-end closing process on a timely basis
- Staff payroll accounting
- Reporting of monthly accounting results to NEPCon group headquarters
- Ensuring completion of day-to-day bookkeeping, accounting records and activities
- Performing the day-to-day necessary accounting processes and routines, such as processing of supplier invoices and payment preparation, expense reports booking, client invoicing, bank transactions, bank checks
- Ensuring that accounting records and documentation are kept in line with Indonesian legislation.
To be considered for the job you must have a higher-level education (BSc or MSc) in accounting and/or finance. You have at least 4-5 years’ experience working in the field of accounting or finance, of which minimum 1-2 years have been in the role of Chief or Senior Accountant.
In addition to this,
- You have fluent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- You have experience working in an international company
- You have good knowledge of accounting and tax legislation in Indonesia
- You are capable of executing full accounting cycle – from day-to-day operations, monthly closing and annual closing to preparation of statutory and tax reporting
- You have a good general understanding of administrative IT systems and the ability to learn to work with new programmes.
As a person you have a high sense of responsibility and a keen eye for detail. On top of that:
- You have good time planning skills and are able to multi-task
- You have good organisational skills
- You are able to manage stress at work
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation
- You are comfortable with your line manager being located in a different country, and you are comfortable communicating with colleagues around the world via email and Skype.
- You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position refers to our Finance Director (based in Latvia)
- Working location: NEPCon’s office in Jakarta or Bali, Indonesia
- Salary commensurate with qualifications
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of NEPCon through the annual General Assembly
- Potential international travel opportunities.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 12 August 2018 via the form below.
NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
If you have questions about this position, please contact Jolanta Šterna, Finance Director, email: js(at)nepcon.org , tel.: +371 2622 3942.